4 Corners Job Service Employer Connection
San Juan County Chapter
Fall 2010 Scholarship for 4CJSEC Business/Organization Employees
4CJSEC has a fundamental belief that an education can help and individual become an achiever in our society. To this end, we have established TWO scholarships for $175 each, to be awarded to TWO employees of 4CJSEC business or organization in “Good Standing.* Awards are based on need. Scholarship money will be sent directly to the appropriate college or organization. Students who apply for this scholarship must meet the following criteria:
General Eligibility Requirements
· Be employed by an active 4CJSEC business or organization.
· Complete and submit a 4CJSEC scholarship application.
· Submit proof that you have obtained a high school diploma or have a G.E.D. or that you have met all of the eligibility requirements for entrance to your college or organization of choice.
· Submit a letter of recommendation from your supervisor or JSEC officer.
· Provide evidence of intent to enroll or continue in a degree or certification program at the college or organization for the new semester. (You can pick up an enrollment verification request form from the admissions office.)
· Top candidates will be contacted for a personal interview with the Scholarship Committee.
· A final report to 4CJSEC regarding academic accomplishment or program completion will be required at the end of the training period. The recipient will need to sign a release so that the 4CJSEC Scholarship Committee can obtain a transcript of grades if necessary.
· All applicants will be notified in writing as to the status of their applications.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF FALL 2010 APPLICATIONS is
JUNE 30, 2010, no exceptions
Submit applications and all other requirements to:
Farmington Workforce Center
600 West Arrington
Farmington, NM 87401
NO PHONE CALLS—PLEASE!
If funding permits, a letter stating continued need and a continuation of meeting the eligibility requirements, could renew some or all of this scholarship for Spring and Summer semesters.